1.09.2012

Wedding Stress// Spinach Smoothies

The first 6 or 7 months we were engaged, I was like OHMYGOD IM GETTING MARRIED TO MY BEST FRIEND AND I LOVEE WEDDING PLANNING!! I was so confused as to why others were stressed about the planning.... but Now I understand. Something about hitting that "5 months to go" flipped a switch inside me. These last few weeks I have been STRESSED OUT.
I have had nightmares almost every night related to the wedding. In one dream, Chris was walking into the ceremony space in his Mardi Gras costume. <-- NIGHTMARE.

Its been more than just bad dreams though. Lets take Friday for example...
I talked to Chris around 10:00 in the morning and his day was going well. I tried to call him at lunch, but I it his phone went straight to voicemail. No big deal. I tried to call him when I was running errands. Voicemail. I called him on my way back to work. Voicemail. Called the station. No answer. By this time its like 3:30. Im panicking because I have convinced myself that something terrible has happened to him. I just KNEW that he had been in a terrible wreck and his phone was broken.
Well, I was wrong. Chris is fine. His phone is just a piece of shit. I finally talked to him around 4:15. & I was glad he was okay. But I COULD NOT stop thinking about what would happen if something happend to Chris. I became obsessed with it for a hot minute. I probably turned into a clingly crazy too... (By probably I mean I most certainly did)

Then Saturday morning we were watching TV and the Allstate commercial about life insurance came on. It leads you to believe that the woman's husband is dead. I BAWLED my eyes out. Chris was like "WHAT just happened? Did I miss something?" I was crying so hard I couldnt talk. I finally told him that the damn Allstate commercial upset me and that I was overly concerned about his safety.

Well, we are upping the life insurance ((effective commercial, Allstate- Well played)) & Chris got a new phone. All is well in the Newman-Russell household again.

But besides my crazy episode, it was a great week. I learned how to make spinach smoothies!

1. First you take two big handfuls of baby spinach and put it in the blender.


2. Add some orange juice. Enough to fill the bottom of the blender.

 3. Blend. It should look something like this...

4. Add a cup of frozen fruit. Any kind will do but I especially like the Berries. 




 5. Blend. & Add a tsp of honey. (If you want it to be sweeter)
 6. Enjoy! ((The blackberries make the smoothie purple. I used strawberry banana for another smoothie and it came out lime green))

I added two big tbsp of plain yogurt to mine this morning and it was a little bit creamier. Im going to keep experimenting, but so far I really enjoy getting a few servings of fruit and veggies in one glass in the mornings. Plus the smoothie is only about 150 cal. ((Basically nothing for spinach, 70 for fruit, ~30 for orange juice, ~40 for yogurt))

Also this week I spent some time with my family playing Mexican Train Dominoes. ((Unexpectedly fun)) So much fun that I bought the game and made Chris and Suzanne play with me too.

The rest of the week I just chilled with Mobley! & Bought my Mardi Gras dress!!



No comments:

Post a Comment