9.20.2011

Whitney Takes a Tumble

On my very first blog post, I posted one of my favorite videos of all time. It is of my dear friend & bridesmaid Alisa falling over while trying to dance. Since she wasnt hurt, it was super funny. Somehow I have misplaced this little gem on my computer. But luckily you can just click here and scroll to the bottom to watch the little clip again.
I had forgotten that this video existed until I had a little tumble myself last night...But let me start with yesterday morning. It was definitely a MONDAY kind of day.
So I get to work and there is a blood drive going on. I debated on giving whole blood since I normally give platelets and it was going to mess up my platelet giving schedule. However, as soon as I got on facebook I realized that it would have been Krisanna's birthday. (For those of you that dont know, Krisanna was 15 when she passed away in 2009 after battling childhood cancer)  After reading a few of her mothers journal entries about celebrating life, I decided to give blood.
I felt fine all day. I worked half a day, went to school, cleaned the house and watched a movie and never felt bad. But about 7:00 after I watched a movie with Mobley I got up to take him outside. I got so dizzy walking from the living room to my room that I had to lay down. So I called Chris and told him I thought my blood pressure was low. He didnt say too much, just that it was probably from giving blood. So after I brought Mobs inside I was feeling bad & decided to take a hot bath. About the time I got in the bathtub, Chris called. I talked to him for about 10 minutes and told him Id call him back. Once I hung up, I realized that I was sweating so bad & decided that I did not want to be in the bath any longer. So I got out of the hot bath & turned on the shower.
As I was getting in the shower I remember thinking that when I called Chris back I was going to ask who the paramedic was that was working in Semmes, and see if he would come take my blood pressure. I knew something wasnt right. I just felt really bad. I vaguely remember starting to shampoo my hair & the next thing I know I woke up on the floor. I had shampoo in my eyes, the shower door was open and water was going everywhere. I freaked the fuck out.
I jumped out of the shower with the water still running, shampoo in my hair & eyes and bawled my eyes out as I was calling Chris. I dont think he got what just happened except that I was hysterical. He just said "Im on my way" and hung up.
I calmed down enough to rinse the shampoo out of my hair and eyes and clean the water off the floor, but I still felt really really bad. Chris showed up at the house in the ambulance and took my blood pressure (that was like 80/38) and gave me an IV....
Which BY THE WAY, was TERRIBLE. Normally I dont mind getting stuck to give blood or to take fluids, but gah, my body was just freaking out. I got super nauseous and thought I was going to pass out again- which luckily I didnt. But it wasnt a good night.
I am SO lucky that I have such a good fiance though. :) He loaded my ass up in the ambulance and took me to work with him so he could keep an eye on me and made sure I felt better. He also got up extra early this morning to drive from Satsuma to Semmes to drop me off at home so I could get ready for my class at 9:30 before he had to be in Mobile at 8!
I know some of you are thinking, BFD, you passed out. But it was scary! Waking up on the bathroom floor and not knowing what the hell happened or how long youve been there(even though Im sure it was only a second or two) or if you've hit your head, was terrifying.  Chris is easily 30 + minutes from our house when he is at work. & My parents are are closer to 45 minutes away. Good thing I didnt bust my head open, other wise my neighbors would have had a naked, screaming, bleeding girl at their door!
I feel fine now though. :) & Im ready for kickball practice tonight & even more ready for SATURDAY!!! Wheeeee Slip N Slide party for Chris's 30th birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment