4.18.2011

The Good French Fries

On Tuesday and Thursdays Chris gets out of class at 10:45, and I dont have to be back to class until 12:30, so we usually try to meet  up with each other to have a quick lunch. This semester it's become part of our weekly routine; we dont even ask if we have having lunch together anymore. I've gotten accustomed to having that extra hour or so with Chris, so usually it isnt that big of a deal to me. However, this week, our little lunch outing was the highlight of my week.
We were having lunch at Big Time Diner, and I reached for a 'good' french fry on Chris' plate. (I like the slightly soggy french fry. I dont really care for the ones that are over cooked and hard or crispy) Anyway. Chris made a comment that he always saves the good ones for me, because he knows how much I like them. Even though it was a small gesture, it meant the world to me. He makes my heart smile. I dont know how I got so lucky to have him in my life, but I do know that I am grateful. I love him so much.
On Friday Chris was off work, and I got off early to spend a few minutes with him. When I got home from work we spent the afternoon hanging around the house. Then we went to dinner with Mike and Lori and some of her friends at Japanese Emperial. I was actually impressed with the sushi there- usually I dont care for sushi at hibachi places, but it was pretty good there!
Saturday morning I got up bright and early to get ready to go to the beach with Lindsay and Laura. First of all, Linds is terrible with directions. She pulled over on Knowlwood like 5 or 6 times before we finally found the right street... She had Mapquest directions printed out... It wasnt like we were lost or anything! haha. But regardless, we made it to the beach around 11:30. We decided it would be appropriate to start our beach adventure off with a bushwacker from Flora-Bama. Best decision I made all day! But, since I am a lightweight-and clumsy- I spilled like half of my $8 bushwacker! Fortunately for me, Laura didnt think she could handle her drink, so we switched. We finally made our way out to the beach and set up for the day. It was such a beautiful day... except that the wind was blowing sand everywhere. But by Bushwacker number 2, it was less of a problem!
I wasnt going to say this- but I know Linds is expecting to read it- I spilled my second bushwacker ALL over myself. & all over my chair. It was really classy, actually. By the 3rd bushwacker they were taking bets to see how long it would take me to spill. I thought that if I maybe drank my drink faster, I would have less time to make a mess. I know now that this was a bad idea, but at the time, it seemed perfectly logical. Needless to say, I had a pretty good buzz after my 3rd bushwacker.


Eventually, Laura got sick of the wind, so we decided to go get some food at Tacky Jacks. I had every intention of getting a buffalo shrimp wrap, but  in our drunken states, we ordered garbage nachos. This is the nachos AFTER we all devoured them.


After those nachos we decided not to even order food....

When we left Tacky Jacks we headed back to Mobile. I think I passed out after  3 minutes in the car, I dont even remember going through the Toll Bridge... I slept all the way home. Those bushwackers & a full day in the sun kicked my ass!

Sunday was Joshies 15th birthday. 

We had lunch at Mikatos with the whole family- Mimi, Josh, Me, Mom, Dad, Nana, & Pappy. (Apparently Lauren was too good to come to a family function. JayKay LaurLaur) It was actually a histerical event. Listening to Mom harass Josh about being 15, having a girlfriend, and having the sex talk was almost more than I could handle. At the end of the meal this occurred...
Mom: Everybody add "in the bed" to the end of your fortune!!!
Josh: Mine just says "Go Fly a Kite!" Thats a dumb fortune.
Mom: HAHAHAH Mine says "You will be rewarded for a job well done... IN THE BED!" HAHAHA
Pappy: I bet mine says "You cant win 'em all!"
Nana: You are so right! You CANT win 'em all!
Josh: *dies of embarrassment*
Me: Yall are being really loud... People can hear you...
Mom: HAHAHAH Mine says Im good in the bed!
Mimi: Mine says "You are your own destiny... in the bed..."
Everyone: *histerical laughter*
Josh: * rolls eyes*
Mom: Joshie, you can have my fortune if you want... *hands Josh her fortune*
Me: GOD MOM, I thought we were trying to PREVENT Sex!
Mom: Oh! Yeah, Youre right! GIVE ME THAT! *snatched fortune from Josh* Josh, you cant have sex.

-----------------

Yall wonder why I am so weird... Its genetic. I get it from my mother. Love you, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment