6.06.2011

We are Family

Last week & weekend were filled with time spent with family. I am so lucky to have such a great family! & As a bonus, I am marrying in to a fantastic family too. I know Im very lucky, most people dont have a family like mine.

Scrap booking
     As part of our wedding present, Mimi wanted to put together a nice scrapbook of mine & Chris's relationship. We've printed almost 200 pictures, and she's bought a TON of stuff to document some of the fun things Chris and I have done over the years. (Atlanta, New Orleans, Zoo, Beach, Kayaking, Spring Break in Fort Payne, Buying a House, Christmas Time, Valentines Day, Anniversary's, The Exploreum, BBQs & Cook Outs, Mardi Gras, New Years, Graduation, Soccer, Pictures with Mobley & so much more!)
     Last weekend I went to Mimi's house and Mom, Mimi and I started on our scrapbook. It was really enjoyable working on it with them. Im not very good at scrap booking, but it's actually turning out well. I'll have to post some pictures of our progress soon.
     Also this weekend, Chris got a chance to sit down and look through all the stuff. I'd like to say that he helped, but he mostly just sat there and talked to me while I scrapbooked, but none the less, it was fun to do together. Chris said "Do you want me to take a picture of you scrapbooking for the scrapbook?" He was serious....

I've Got Crabs....
     On Saturday, my Uncle John Paul & Aunt Alicia came to Mobile to have a cook out at Mom & Dads house. & OH MY GOD! JP cooks the BEST seafood! Ah, it was amazing. We had so much food. There were less than 10 of us there and we had 3 dozen blue crabs, 36lbs of crawfish & a ton of shrimp. Plus dear sausage, corn, potatoes & onions. Here is a picture of the food we had LEFT OVER after we had been eating for 3 or so hours...


& I've Got All My Sisters With Me
    Saturday night, Ginger & Tarriq came down from Laurel to spend a few days with us. Ginger hasnt been feeling well lately and just needed to get away. & Hey, I understand that!! Im glad they are staying with us. We were hoping for a fun day with Chris yesterday, but the day kind of took a bad turn. We had a little scare & had to go to the hospital. (I dont want to put Ginger's business all of the Internet, but she is fine now!! ) But that little detour took all day. But as long as she's okay, its no big deal.
     Ginger was craving steak, so Chris cooked a wonderful steak and veggie dinner for us. Fred & Gail got to come over and visit and eat too. It was nice having everybody over at our house.

Wedding Things
     This week Im going to take my Mom & Dad to see Space 301 on Thursday. If they give the okay, we are going to make a deposit for June 2nd 2012!! I cant wait to marry my best friend!!

Fund Raiser!! @ The Wine Loft!
BAND PARTY with Kurt Wielken’s Band (formerly HAERE MARUE)

Doors Open @ 5:30pm / Band Starts @ 6:30pm
Cover: $20.00 (2 drink tickets included)

All proceeds go to support Kristin Taylor Ashworth’s campaign for Woman of the Year to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
My new friend Jeanette (the sweet girl that stopped me from doing a Cartwheel in Paddys...) is hosting this event. If you can come out and support her, come have a few drinks with us at Wine Loft!
 
Have a Good week everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment