10.04.2011

Date Days

I love the days I get to spend with Chris. I mean, I love going out to dinner or curling up on the couch for a movie, but I like it more when I can make a whole day out of it. :)
We had a date day on Friday that was fantastic! Since Halloween is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER we decided to go paint some platters. I was a little sad when I found out the pottery place we went to shut down, but Chris drove me by there anyway to see what took its place.
I was SO excited to find PrissPot's Pottery! When we went in, the place was SO cute. The walls are all different colors & it was decorated nicely. Plus, we were greeted by a 10 month old Shih Tzu. His name was Mattie. I loved him instantly... and he loved my scarf. So I picked out a big plate/platter & Chris picked out a candy bowl & we started painted. Well, I started painting. Chris sketched for over an hour. He was really deep in thought about it.
After about 2 hours, I finished my plate..
I cant wait to see it after its been fired! After I was finished painting and Chris had just gotten started, I played with the dog, made friends with the owner & her mom, and her grandmother, helped fold some brochures ..... Annnd, wait for it.... Got a Saturday job! Whee. I am so excited. A few Saturdays a month Im going to work at PrissPot's Pottery from 10-6. It is a really really fun thing to do as a date night, or a family thing. I love having the pottery afterwards, but what is really fun is spending time together creating something. -Actually one night Id really like to have a girls night there!
After almost 4 hours, Chris finished his bowl. & I LOVE it. I think Im more excited about seeing his after its finished than I am mine!
Everything about this picture makes me smile. We're dead, drinking, & Chris's depiction of Mobley makes me laugh every time. Go check out PrissPot's Pottery on facebook!  We had a great time!!

The only other exciting thing we've done lately is register at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I thought I was going to go CRAZYY! But I really contained myself. I also tried not to register for all of the ridiculously over the top shit. For example, there was this one pillow that I really liked, but WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND BUYS $90 pillows? I registered for the $15.00 pillow. I mean, we registered for the stuff we wanted, we just tried to keep it reasonable. & We didnt register for a whole lot. Mostly because I want our 'main' registry to be HoneyFund. ((Which is an awesome little website that you tell your guests what you want to do on your honeymoon & they can give you money for activities they choose.)) Because we mostly have everything we need for the home. :)

Hope everybody has a great week. & if you dont have anything to do on Thursday night at 8:00 come watch us play kickball! We are going to win and then go to Bojangles! (At least, thats the way its playing out in my head..)

No comments:

Post a Comment