10.17.2011

Tickled By a Stranger: My Skydiving Experience

I cant WAIT to share my skydiving experience with you guys, but so much else has happened in the last few days, Im going to start with Thursday.

Thursday
Thursday night we had kickball & the team we played WAS undefeated! We won 4-0!!! It was a really exciting game. But I think the highlight of the game was when I did a complete split... I did not even know I was physically capable of doing a split, but it happened. I was running from 2nd to 3rd and the grass was wet... Sean was yelling at me to "slide" but I thought he said "stop". But when I tried to stop, my feet kept going. I tried really hard to keep one leg on the base, but I ended up just doing a split and sliding off the base. I immediately tried to reach back and touch the base, but the ball hit me & I was out. It was still a pretty good play though. Here is my depiction of what happened... Enjoy :)
After Kickball our team went to Los Rancheros to celebrate another win. It was an amazing night out. & As much as I wanted my "own" team of just our friends, I am SO thrilled about the team we have. We all play really well together. But more importantly I have really enjoyed getting to meet some new friends. :)

Friday
....was pretty uneventful. I did get to go eat dinner at Purple while Suzy was working. That was nice. But that was the only thing exciting about Friday.

Saturday AM
Saturday was AMAZING. Chris got off work early and we met at Nana & Pappys house at 7:30 and headed for Lumberton, Mississippi to go SKYDIVING!! My uncle Casey was in town this weekend & has been wanting me to go skydiving with him for quite some time. & I have wanted to go SO bad, but something always came up. This weekend I made sure we could go! Chris went for moral support but refused to jump. (Chicken. ;)- just kidding- Im glad he went)
Once we arrived everything went so quickly and smoothly. I was SO excited to be there... & at that point, I wasnt nervous at all.
After I got all suited up, it was on! I was so ready... Heres me and Casey before.

When we got the call to load the plane, I found my tandem instructor & practically ran to the plane. I was the first one in! Casey got to go on the same flight & jumped right before me.

Okay, now this is when I started to freak out. I knew we were going to jump at 14,000 feet. 65 seconds of free fall at 120 miles/hour. We were going to be in free fall for 2 miles. Awesome. I was good with all of that. But when we reached about 5,000 ft on the way up, I started to PANIC. I realized that in my excitement I didnt tell Chris, or anybody else for that matter, that I loved them. & I hadnt talked to my parents all day. I was almost in tears.
I think my tandem instructor started to sense that I was getting tense. He tried to make me feel better by tickling me.. but I did not like that at all... If you see my video youll see me make the weirdest face. Its a face you make when you are tickled by a stranger. Anyway. Once we got past that, I I started to relax a little more.
When we reached 14,000 feet we got ready to jump. We made our way to the front of the plane and didnt jump, but flipped out. It was incredible! I cant really describe what it was like, except that it was unlike anything Ive ever done. I didnt get that feeling in my stomach like I do when i ride roller coasters. It was just kind of, I dont know, amazing!! Here are some pictures of my skydive...
& Once we landed, I was ALL smiles.


If you have an extra few minutes and want to watch my skydive video, here it is...


Thank you, Casey, for taking me! I had such an amazing time! I cant wait to do it again!!

Saturday PM
After we got back from Lumberton, Chris and I got ready for football! We got dressed & went to Buffalo Wild Wings with Brandi, Leslie, Bogdan, Mike & Nicole to watch the Alabama and Auburn games.
After the Bama game was over, we all headed to Camilla to go bowling. Suzanne, Ethan, Alisa, Justin & Brittany joined us too. But Bogdan, Brittany & Alisa didnt bowl. We had a blasty blast right up until the cops got called... well maybe they werent ever called, but once I threw my shoes it was time to go home.
This has been an incredibly long blog so far, so Ill keep this story short. The bitch that worked at Camillas cut our game short. The game ended when we had only bowled 7 frames. I asked her to cut the game back on and she told me No because we had too many bowlers.... I was pissed because it let us bowl 7 frames.... why was it cut off then? & So I asked for a refund for the portion that we didnt get to complete. She said no. I was super pissed & drunk at this point. So Ethan asked if we could just finish our game. No. She bitched some more. So I took off my shoes and not-so-politely tossed them in her general direction. After that it was time for us to go home.
To those of you who were with me- Im sorry I was such a bitch. But I had a great time up until our game got cut off! We need to do it more often... and Ill be nicer :) To those of you who are randos reading this- I dont usually act like that... To everybody else- It was kind of like how people act at Mardi Gras once they get mad, there is no turning back. (*cough* Chris)
I still think that we got ripped off, but Im glad Chris made me leave. Because Im not going to lie, it crossed my mind to get all of the bowling balls and place them in the gutters. I guess it wasnt worth getting arrested. But that would have been a (bad) story later. "Have you ever been arrested?" "Yes" "For what?" "Throwing my shoes in a bowling alley" Classy.


I cant remember when the last time I've had such an eventful weekend was. But Im glad we got to spend some time with our friends & I got to do something Ive been wanting to do for a very long time! (Skydiving, not get in a fight in the bowling alley...)

No comments:

Post a Comment