7.07.2011

Oh, Hey There. Havent Seen You In a While.

This week has brought me many things that I havent seen in a while. Like...

...Fireworks
 I wasnt planning on seeing fireworks this year. I had too much going on to go out of my way to go to a firework show. On the 4th I was going to spend the night with Chris since we had to get up so early the next morning. While I was up there, Chris had to run an errand for Donnie in Mobile, so I went with him. On the way back, he started driving through downtown Mobile. I wasnt really sure where we were going, but I wasnt too concerned either. As we were pulling up to the bridge, Chris looked at his phone and said "Its 8:58, I may be too early, but look to your right and you should see the fireworks from the Battleship." Just as he said that, the firework show began. I expected him to keep driving, but he pulled over on the side of the bridge so I could watch the fireworks. It was SO sweet. I am marrying the best man Ive ever met. God Im so lucky.

...Drew
Tuesday morning at 6:15 Chris and I headed towards New Orleans to pick up his nephew Drew. Drew's staying with us until Monday. Im not sure what kind of trouble we are going to get in to while he is here, but Im sure we will figure something out. If you have any suggestions on a what a 16 year old boy would want to do in Mobile, please let me know. Right now the only thing I have planned is forcing him to go to my kickball game. (Im so lame)
We didnt stay long in NOLA, but we did stay long enough to eat some delicious lunch at Acme Oyster House. Oh... and eat a beignet. Yummm.

... Single Digit Pant Sizes
When I started dieting 9 1/2 weeks ago, my size 12 pants were kind of tight. I started digging through the back of my closet to pull out my smaller clothes and I found this CUTE grey skirt that I'd never worn (because it was too small). I put it on this morning and it was too big I was pretty excited. Thrilled, actually. In fact, I  went out of my way to go by a store just to try on some pants. I didnt really have any intention of buying anything, I just wanted to see if they fit. & guess what, I am officially wearing a size 8. Its been a long time since I've seen single digit pant sizes. & hip bones. Those bitches have been hiding out under 20 lbs of fat these last few years. The other day when I was getting dressed and actually noticed I had hip bones, it was kind of a big deal for me.

... A really HYSTERICAL video
There are things that make me laugh so hard I cry and/or wet my pants often. Usually its me laughing at how weird Chris is, but this week I found this. (Well, technically, Chris showed me, but still)




 & I'll leave you with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment